miércoles, 1 de abril de 2020

MIÉRCOLES 1 DE ABRIL

PAST CONTINUOUS


FUNCIONES DEL "PAST CONTINUOUS"

Expresa una acción incompleta o inconclusa del pasado.
Se utiliza:
  • Con frecuencia, para describir el contexto en una historia escrita en pasado, e.g. "The sun was shining and the birds were singing as the elephant came out of the jungle. The other animals were relaxing in the shade of the trees, but the elephant moved very quickly. She was looking for her baby, and she didn't notice the hunter who was watching her through his binoculars. When the shot rang out, she was running towards the river..."
  • para describir una acción incompleta que se vio interrumpida por otra acción o evento, e.g. "I was having a beautiful dream when the alarm clock rang."
  • para expresar un cambio de opinión: e.g. "I was going to spend the day at the beach but I've decided to get my homework done instead."
  • con 'wonder', para formular una petición muy educada: e.g. "I was wondering if you could baby-sit for me tonight."
EJEMPLOS
  • They were waiting for the bus when the accident happened.
  • Caroline was skiing when she broke her leg.
  • When we arrived he was having a bath.
  • When the fire started I was watching television.
Aquí un ejemplo de cómo se conjuga. Fijaos en cómo se invierte el orden del sjeto y el verbo en la interrogativa.-( I was-Was I)
TO PLAY, "PAST CONTINUOUS"
Afirmativa
Negativa
Interrogativa
I was playing
I wasn't playing
Was I playing?
You were playing
You weren't playing
Were you playing?
He was playing
He wasn't playing
Was he playing?
We were playing
We weren't playing
Were we playing?
They were playing
They weren't playing
Were they playing?



Así se hacen las interrogativas:
-Utilizamos was con I, HE ,SHE IT (1ª Y 3ª persona del singular).

Utilizamos were con YOU ( 2ª persona del singular) y con todas las personas del plural(WE,YOU, THEY).

Primero veremos las preguntas que empiezan por ''Wh''. Su estructura es sencilla, como vemos en el cuadro de la página 51 del Class Book (actividad 2):

What+ was/were+ pronombre+ verb +ing----e.g: ''What were you doing?

La estructura de la respuesta: Sujeto/pronombre + was/were + verb + ing----e.g: ''I was cooking''

DEBERES
AHORA VAMOS A PRACTICAR CON LOS EJERCICIOS 2 Y 3 DE LA PÁGINA 51 DEL ACTIVITY BOOK!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario